This is the PUBLIC PAGE of the website for the Aquatox Forum, based in South Africa.
The Aquatox Forum was formed on 14 January 1998 by a group of scientists with a common interest in water toxicity testing and legalized as a non-profit organisation on 11 February 2005.
To serve as platform for the advancement of water toxicity testing in South Africa.
Aquatic environment, drinking water and urban and industrial waste water.
- To pro-actively assist legislators and regulators to formulate and implement credible toxicity test requirements;
- To drive the standardization of toxicity tests in collaboration with an acceptable standardization body;
- To establish a network for communication, liaison and information sharing between water toxicologists, regulating authorities, the public sector and industry (nationally and internationally);
- To assist in the promotion, publication and implementation of toxicity tests;
- To assist and advise in the training and education of interested and affected parties;
- To assist in the identification and formulation of viable and necessary research;
- To adopt and prescribe a code of conduct for it's members that is in line with the best practice and professional ethics.
Universities, science councils, industry, water boards, water treatment companies, supplier companies, contract laboratories, consultants and government.